Nurse Practitioner (Relief), casual on-call basis
Posting Date: June 18, 2021
Closing Date: Until position is filled
Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinics are a new primary health care delivery model in which Nurse Practitioners are the lead providers of primary health care. Our clinic provides service to those clients who do not have a physician or chooses to use the clinic for all of his or her primary care. Clients are offered a variety of services through an interdisciplinary team of Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Collaborating Physicians, Dietitian, Social Worker and Health Promoter. Our clinic is focused on improving quality of care by integrating primary care with mental health services, health promotion, case management, disease prevention and chronic disease management. The clinic is located in an accessible location in Scarborough at Midland and McNicole Avenue.
Position: Nurse Practitioner (Relief), casual on-call basis
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner (NP, Relief, casual on-call basis) who enjoys working with an inter-professional health team. The NP would be providing direct patient care in a community-based primary care clinic and provide home visits in the Scarborough area. The NP will report to the Lead Nurse Practitioner.
The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge and skills in assessment, nursing, medical diagnosis, intervention, treatment management, drug therapy and referrals functions which are shared with collaborating physicians. Each NP will have a patient roster of approximately 800 patients and works with a team to provide family and client centered care.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Provide clinical health assessments, diagnosis, nursing care and services to clients (individuals, families and groups) to promote a healthy lifestyle, to prevent and/or reduce incidence of disease and disability at the clinic and in the clients’ homes.
- Develop, implement and evaluate medical directives.
- Provide regular updates - reports regarding client care practices, trends, challenges and proposed solutions.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of the clinic’s quality improvement plan.
- Develop a plan of care based on patient needs, independently or in consultation with a collaborating physician and other members of the clinical team.
- Develop collaborative relationships with local area NPs and the regional NPAO chapter (for patient care needs, networking, resource sharing and to meet College of Nurses of Ontario Quality Assurance expectations).
- Liaise directly or coordinate another team member to link with community service organizations, agencies, hospitals to support the development of a primary health care network and reciprocal referral relationships.
HF CONNECTING HEALTH NURSE PRACTITIONER-LED CLINIC
- Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counseling and health promotion programs and services for individuals, families and the community.
Work Conditions and Benefits:
- Casual on-call basis
- May need travel within the community
- Able to work flexible work hours, including some evenings and weekends
Skills & Qualifications:
- Certification as a Primary Health Care NP in Ontario.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Master of Nursing preferred.
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario – in good standing.
- Registration with the NPAO and/or RNAO.
- 3-5 years nursing experience in a community, hospital or primary care setting. Home-based care experiences an advantage.
- Has knowledge of provincial health policy.
- Proficient in use of internet, Microsoft software, drug database programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with electronic medical records system.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS).
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills and proficiency in Cantonese and / or Mandarin.
- Mental health and acute care experience is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
- A satisfactory result of Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check is a requirement of this position.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and vehicle are required.
Qualified applicants may apply with a resume and cover letter
or by fax at 416-479-7601.
As an employer, HF Connecting Health Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, race, sexual orientation and gender identity. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
Posting Date: Aug 23, 2021
Closing Date: Until position is filled
Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinics are a new primary health care delivery model in which Nurse Practitioners are the lead providers of primary health care. HF Connecting Health Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic provides service to those clients who do not have a physician or chooses to use the clinic for all of his or her primary care. Clients are offered a variety of services through an interdisciplinary team of Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Collaborating Physicians, Dietitian, Social Worker and Health Promoter. Our clinic is focused on improving quality of care by integrating primary care with mental health services, health promotion, case management, disease prevention and chronic disease management.
Position: Data Administrator
• To work on research data for the Patient Complexity Assessment Measurement (PCAM) if applicable
• Support the client satisfaction survey process
• New clients data entry and reports
• Community event supports, include equipment setup
• Front desk relief
• Other duties as assigned.
• Temporary part-time (22.5 hours per week for 16 weeks)
• Anticipated start date is August 30, 2021
• Primary working location: HF Connecting Health NPLC, Scarborough ON
• Flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
• are between 15 and 30 years of age;
• are legally entitled to work in Canada (foreign students are not eligible);
• have a valid SIN card for the duration of employment
Skills and Qualifications:
• Openness and willingness to learn about mental health
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills plus one second language
Chinese- Cantonese/Mandarin preferred
• Good interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
• Experience with Microsoft Words, Excel, and Power Point
• A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening is a requirement of this position
Qualified applicants may apply with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply asap as position might be filled before application deadline should a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all candidates for your interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.