The 2021 Hong Fook Radiothon Fundraising Week, in partnership with Sing Tao A1 Radio, was hosted from July 16 to July 22.
The timely access to culturally competent mental health care is the top 1 priority Hong Fook has been addressing in the sector. This need becomes extremely urgent in our communities facing a looming mental health crisis during the pandemic and amid the ongoing anti-Asian racism.
Since the first outbreak in last March, Hong Fook has observed an increasing number of crisis cases due to clients’ hesitation to access ER/hospitals during the pandemic, an increasing number of domestic violence incidents due to the lack of private spaces during the lockdown, and an increasing number of clients with more severe anxiety/depression issues triggered by social isolation, financial uncertainty and other socio-economic factors. Both Clinical Service and Youth Walk-In/Short-Term Counselling Service wait times have been increased significantly. Compared with pre-COVID time in 2019, our Integrated Community Program has reached out to 50% more community members through wellness seminars. Our Integrated Recovery Program has delivered 25% more group sessions to people in recovery while struggling with various challenges for digital access.
Thanks to your generosity, over $230,000 was raised.
- TD Bank Group
- JD Development
- Applaud Realty
- First National Financial
- Singtao Canada Foundation
- Skymark Place Shopping Centre
- Asian Community Psychiatric Clinic
- Construction One
- Otsuka and Lundbeck
- Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites, Conference Centre & Spa
- Soprano Handbags & Accessories
Major Donors ($1000 and above)
- The New Hope Foundation
- and Mrs. Matthew and Judy San
- Mawer Investment Management Ltd.
- Stubbe's Precast Commercial Ltd.
- The Light Foundation
- Toronto Hong Kong Lions Club
- Chu Lee Lai Chun Foundation
- Peter Lee
- and Mrs. Ryder Ming-Hin and Graw Law
- Doris Wong
- and Mrs. Peter and Elsa Chang
- Werger Holdings
- Best Deal Graphics & Printing Inc.
- Peter Yeung
- Jimmy Chih-Ming Wang
- Mei-Yu Chen Tu
- Christopher Tam and Ms. Annie Hu
- Ramon Tam
- Raymond Chung
- Anonymous (1)