Hong Fook Mental Health Association strives to protect and respect the personal information of its clients, employees, volunteers, students, consultants and community partners, etc. in accordance with all applicable provincial and federal laws. Each staff member of Hong Fook Mental Health Association must abide by this organization’s procedures and practices when handling personal information.
This Website Privacy Information informs everyone of Hong Fook Mental Health Association’s
commitment to privacy and establishes the methods by which privacy is ensured. This Website Privacy Information applies to all personal information within Hong Fook Mental Health Association’s possession and control.
Website Privacy Procedures
- Hong Fook Mental Health Association’s website will include our privacy information and disclose our personal information practices.
- Hong Fook Mental Health Association may share compiled demographic information with its community partners and/or funders, but no personal information that can identify any individual person shall be disclosed.
- This website may contain links to other sites, but Hong Fook Mental Health Association is not responsible for the privacy practices of other organizations’ sites.
- While IP addresses will be logged in order to administer the site, track visitor movement, and gather demographic information, these IP addresses will not be linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Site visitors are given the choice to opt out of having their personal information used at the point where the information is gathered.
- In most instances, Hong Fook Mental Health Association will grant individuals access to their personal information upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification. If an individual finds errors of fact with his/her personal information, the individual should notify Hong Fook Mental Health Association as soon as possible to make the appropriate corrections. Should Hong Fook Mental Health Association deny an individual’s request for access to his/her personal information, Hong Fook Mental Health Association will advise in writing of the reason for such a refusal. The individual may then challenge the decision.
- Hong Fook Mental Health Association may use personal information without the individual’s consent under particular circumstances.
To access the full policy and procedure including the definitions of personal information and business information or issue any concerns, please visit www.hongfook.ca/association or contact the Privacy Officer at 416-493-4242 x 2239.
Updated and approved September 2019